Quote

Quote

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 3 Build

It becomes much of a routine after a few days, but also very exciting! Today was filled with different tasks for me. I started off the day by cutting plywood for the bathroom counter and 1x12s to build shelves for the five closets in the house. In the afternoon I painted the trim around the kitchen doors and around the bottom of the kitchen walls. We accomplished a lot in the kitchen already; it's nearly finished! All it needs is one more cabinet installed, another coat of paint on the walls, and the floors finished. Other than that, I cut tiles for the bathroom, which is almost finished as well. We should complete the house by the end of the week! It'll be great to look back on my before and after pictures. Tomorrow is our recreational day though, so we'll be doing some things around town for our free day and we'll return to the build site on Friday. Tonight we all went out for dinner at La Cocina de Taos so we could try authentic food. I got a Mexican fish and also tried sopapilla, which is a fried pastry served with honey. It was so good! Afterwards we all went back to the church and stayed in for the night. I'm hopefully going to get some good sleep tonight so I can wake up early and help cook! We're having breakfast burritos tomorrow so I'm already looking forward to that. 










No comments:

Post a Comment