Quote

Quote

Friday, January 9, 2015

Pre-Trip Thoughts

It's that time of year again! I'll be participating in my second Habitat for Humanity build. Last summer I traveled to the Philippines to help with reconstruction in Quezon City; this time I will be traveling to Taos, New Mexico. Departure is tomorrow at 10:00am sharp, and although I'm very eager to get started, it'll be a long trip to endure before I arrive. We're taking a bus to cut travel costs that need to be paid out-of-pocket, so we won't arrive in Taos until about 10:00am on Sunday. On the plus side, this gives our Habitat group an ample amount of bonding time on the way there! It's a larger group this time - 30 students rather than just 10 who participated in the Philippines build. I'm sure this build will be much different than what I experienced in the Philippines and I'm really excited to see what kind of work we have ahead of us. I will likely post to my blog again either tomorrow or Sunday. Until then, feel free to revisit my earlier posts from the Philippines if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment