Quote

Quote

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Arrival

After over 30 hours of flying and layovers, I finally arrived at my house last night safe and sound. My overall build experience was better than I could've ever imagined! I feel as though I really made a difference throughout the community in Quezon City. I worked really hard to build and bond. After a few hours of work, I made sure I took a break to spend time with the families who I was building for; they truly appreciated it. Every day our building group was reminded of how thankful the community was, and we knew that on the first day when the families started to come outside and sit there for hours watching us construct their home. Every moment I experienced at our job-site in the Philippines will stay with me for a lifetime. It was so impactful and heartwarming; especially when the kids would run by me and say my name, asking me to play with them. I hope that someday I can go back again. I already miss all the families; adults and children, and because of that, a part of me will always stay in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment