Quote

Quote

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Chicago Arrival & Thank You

I've made it safely to my hotel in Chicago! We're staying at the Radisson closest to O'Hare so we can sleep in as much as humanly possible before our 6:40am flight to Dallas. I wanted to make this post especially for those who have supported me in my journey with this next build in El Salvador. I've been fundraising since the summertime now holding car washes, and also bake sales throughout the year. There have been so many people who have helped by giving donations at these fundraisers or on my online website for Habitat for Humanity, or by coming out to wash cars and make a few baked goods. I truly appreciate the efforts of every single person who has done so; I would not be able to continue with my builds without you. I've been able to raise all of the funds for both international builds; this one to El Salvador, and my build in August 2014 in the Philippines. I'm sure this will be a much different experience, as every build is. One aspect I'm most excited for is getting to use my Spanish skills. I haven't had too much practice with it since I finished the last Spanish class for my major last month, but since Spanish is their first language and I'm the only Spanish speaker in my group, I'll have my first opportunity to partake in actual translations since my study abroad in Nicaragua. Needless to say I'm pretty ecstatic! But we have a six hour layover once we get to Dallas tomorrow morning, so I'll leave some of the details for that blog post. I'll definitely need something to do while I spend half my daylight waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment