Quote

Quote

Friday, January 8, 2016

Dallas Arrival

We've officially made it safely to Dallas! Since the layover is six hours I'll have plenty of time to study up on my construction terms before we leave. Last night I made it to Chicago early enough to explore the city before bed. My chauffeur aka my brother was kind enough to drive me all the way down there and drive himself home that night. We marveled over The Bean downtown, since it's one of Chicago's recognizable monuments, and we also watched the ice skaters at the nearby rink. Notice how I said "watched" because Ryan isn't much of a roller skater and I can't imagine what he'd be like ice skating; he even denied my offer to pay for the skate rentals. It's okay though, I'm just thankful he was able to take the time out of his day to bring me down to Chicago. I repaid him by stopping in to eat at his favorite fast food joint in the city: Chick-fil-A. I was a little hesitant at first because I wanted to try out actual authentic food from the city, but it turns out that Chick-fil-A has some of the best chicken I've ever eaten. Solid choice, Ryan. After that we were walking back to the car and were approached by a few guys who were selling their mixtapes. I wasn't going to buy one, but since they complimented Ryan's OVO gear he felt obligated. Overall I'd say it was a pretty successful trip to Chicago and bonding experience with my brother before I left for El Salvador and he leaves for Madison. He won't be home when I get back so I wanted to take advantage of all the time I could get with him. I suppose it's best if I start walking around the airport now before I get cramped legs. It's 54 degrees right now in Dallas and it'll be 84 degrees when I arrive in San Salvador, so I'll be all ready to get out and soak in the rejuvenating weather. 













No comments:

Post a Comment