Quote

Quote

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Day 11 Morning Snorkeling & Cliff Jumping

I woke up bright and early today to snorkel at a place called Two Step Beach. Since I arrived there before 6:00am, I was able to watch the sun rise across the ocean before dipping my flippers in the water and imersing myself in the depths of the Pacific. This beach has an amazing coral reef with an abundance of sea life. I saw a variety of different fish; tangs, needlefish, butterflyfish, parrotfish, trumpetfish, squirrelfish, and so many more. I also saw a shark and a small sea turtle that I swam with for a while. Eventually I swam far enough out that I could no longer see the bottom of the ocean; that's a long way down! It's really easy for that to happen when you're following the path of a sea turtle.

After a couple hours of snorkeling, I headed over to The End of The World - a popular destination on this island for thrill-seekers like myself. Through the lava rock and up the cliff, I came to the diving spot at the very top. The water was crystal clear and a myjestic blue color. Once I looked down, I realized it really wasn't that bad of a jump because it was a straight shot down and there were no cliffs to clear below. So, I took the plunge. It was an extremely exhilerating two-second jump, and I definitely would've done it again if I had the time for it. The jump is the easy part - it's climbing back up the cliff that's difficult. By the time I hiked back up, it was time to head back to the hotel to shower and get ready for the goodbye ceremony. I'll explain more about this in my next blog post.

















No comments:

Post a Comment