Quote

Quote

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2 Build

I had a lot of the same duties as yesterday, but today I was assigned the task of cutting rebar for the concrete. It was definitely my favorite building task! Each day just seems to get better and better. Today was the most special for me; the kids really touched my heart. When I was able to take a break from building, all they wanted was for me to play with them. We played with chalk and then we played a fun game of tag! They were all so energetic and excited for me to just spend time with them. Leaving today was definitely sad, but I feel better knowing I will see them all again tomorrow. Once I reach the last building day, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel. I'm having such an amazing time here that I really don't want to leave. I wish I could spend more time with the kids because it honestly made my day and theirs. It's such an incredible experience and I feel so lucky to be a part of this project. I will probably say this every day! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment