Quote

Quote

Friday, August 1, 2014

Tour Day

Today included a lot of shopping and sight seeing. After breakfast at the hotel, we headed to the Greenhill Market where I was able to bargain for a good price on souvenirs. I also enjoyed a refreshing cup of coffee at Highlands, followed by lunch at Gerry's Grill. I tried a few new foods, which was an interesting experience, but I definitely miss some of our American food already! We decided to travel to Intramuras "The Old City" after lunch. The most beautiful area was the city park called Fort Santiago. Finally out of the mad rush of the city traffic, we walked around at our own leisure and took a peaceful tour of the area. We just arrived back at our hotel around 6:30pm and now are out to dinner at Muang Thai. I'm looking forward to going back to my room after this and going to bed. It's been a long couple of days! Tomorrow will be our community visit with families who have previously had their houses rebuilt through Habitat for Humanity. I will post again after that!









No comments:

Post a Comment