Quote

Quote

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 4 Build

The work day started off with most of the same tasks again. Today I bent more rebar and made cement. We're seeing even more progress, which is exciting! We now have almost every support bar up. The day was mostly spent working so I didn't get to spend as much time with the kids as I would've liked to, but at the end of the day we sang and danced together. They even wiped the dirt off my back because I got so muddy from working. I can't believe how sweet they are! When it was time to leave, a bunch of them grabbed my hands and walked me out. I got hugs before I got in the van to go back to the hotel, and they waved goodbye and ran after it when we drove away. Tomorrow is my last work day, which also means it's the last day I'll see the kids again. It's such a bittersweet feeling and I'm not sure how I'll be able to cope with that. It will be a fun day, but at the same time it will be filled sadness and heavy hearts. 








No comments:

Post a Comment