Quote

Quote

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Market & Mall

After another delicious breakfast at the hotel, we began our day. The original plan was to begin our build today, but awhile ago we found out our build was cancelled for Sunday because it's considered a holy day in the Philippines. We decided to spend our last recreational day exploring a local farmers market and shopping at the Ayala Mall. It was the biggest mall I've ever been to! There was even a church service there that we observed. When we arrived back at the hotel we shared dinner with the Japanese students and discussed the agenda for tomorrow. I'll officially partake in my first Habitat for Humanity build tomorrow morning! The forecasts is 80 degrees - hot/humid - and rainy, but I couldn't be more excited. I'm looking forward to creating a new beginning for a community of innocent families of typhoon destruction!





No comments:

Post a Comment